LINK 2 ENTER SITE >>> Download PDF

File Name:red hat guide.pdf
Size: 4012 KB
Type: PDF, ePub, eBook
Category: Book
Uploaded: 7 May 2019, 22:13 PM
Rating: 4.6/5 from 848 votes.

Last checked: 5 Minutes ago!

In order to read or download red hat guide ebook, you need to create a FREE account.

Download Now!

eBook includes PDF, ePub and Kindle version

✔ Register a free 1 month Trial Account.
✔ Download as many books as you like (Personal use)
✔ Cancel the membership at any time if not satisfied.
✔ Join Over 80000 Happy Readers

red hat guide

If your company has an existing Red Hat account, your organization administrator can grant you access. Update to a supported browser for the best experience. Read the announcement.Code surrounded in tildes is easier to read. Read the announcement.Subscription and Support 7. Registering the System and Managing Subscriptions 7.1. Registering the System and Attaching Subscriptions 7.2. Managing Software Repositories 7.3. Removing Subscriptions 7.4. Additional Resources 8. Accessing Support Using the Red Hat Support Tool 8.1. Installing the Red Hat Support Tool 8.2. Registering the Red Hat Support Tool Using the Command Line 8.3. Using the Red Hat Support Tool in Interactive Shell Mode 8.4. Configuring the Red Hat Support Tool 8.4.1. Saving Settings to the Configuration Files 8.5. Opening and Updating Support Cases Using Interactive Mode 8.6. Viewing Support Cases on the Command Line 8.7. Additional Resources III. Infrastructure Services 10. Database Servers 17.1. MariaDB 17.1.1. Installing the MariaDB server 17.1.2. Configuring the MariaDB server for networking 17.1.3. Backing up MariaDB data 18. Kernel Customization with Bootloader 26. System Backup and Recovery 27. Choosing Suitable Red Hat Product 29. Red Hat Customer Portal Labs Relevant to System Administration 30. Revision History 30.1. Acknowledgments For an overview of general Linux Containers concept and their current capabilities implemented in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, see Overview of Containers in Red Hat Systems. The topics related to containers management and administration are described in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host 7 Managing Containers guide.Code surrounded in tildes is easier to read. Read the announcement.Updating Drivers During Installation on IBM Power Systems 11.1. Preparing for a Driver Update During Installation 11.1.1. Preparing to Use a Driver Update Image File on Local Storage 11.1.2. Preparing a Driver Disc 11.2. Performing a Driver Update During Installation 11.2.1.

http://www.gesgo.de/userfiles/cyber-shot-w150-manual.xml

Tags:
  • red hat guide, red hat guide pdf, red hat guidelines, red hat licensing guide, red hat subscription guide, red hat hardening guide, red hat security guide, red hat administration guide, red hat installation guide, red hat style guide, red hat guide, red hat suite, red hat gui, red hat guide, red hat guy, red hat guy meme, red hat aide, red hat games for meetings, red hat gamefowl, red hat games for ladies, red hat games printable.

Automatic Driver Update 11.2.2. Assisted Driver Update 11.2.3. Manual Driver Update 11.2.4. Blacklisting a Driver 12. Booting the Installation on IBM Power Systems 12.1. The Boot Menu 12.2. Installing from a Different Source 12.3. Booting from the Network Using an Installation Server 13. IBM Z Architecture - Installation and Booting 15. Planning for Installation on IBM Z 15.1. Pre-installation 15.2. Overview of the IBM Z Installation Procedure 15.2.1. Booting the Installation 15.2.2. Connecting to the installation system 15.2.3. Installation using Anaconda 16. Connecting to the installation system 17.1. Setting up remote connection using VNC 18. IBM Z References 22.1. IBM Z Publications 22.2. IBM Redbooks Publications for IBM Z 22.3. Online Resources IV. Advanced Installation Options 23. Boot Options 23.1. Configuring the Installation System at the Boot Menu 23.1.1. Deprecated and Removed Boot Options 23.2. Using the Maintenance Boot Modes 23.2.1. Loading the Memory (RAM) Testing Mode 23.2.2. Verifying Boot Media 23.2.3. Booting Your Computer in Rescue Mode 24. Using VNC 25.1. Installing a VNC Viewer 25.2. Performing a VNC Installation 25.2.1. Installing in VNC Direct Mode 25.2.2. Installing in VNC Connect Mode 25.3. Kickstart Considerations 26. Headless Systems 27. Installing into a Disk Image 28.1. Manual Disk Image Installation 28.1.1. Preparing a Disk Image 28.1.2. Installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux into a Disk Image 28.2. Automatic Disk Image Installation 28.2.1. Overview of livemedia-creator 28.2.2. Installing livemedia-creator 28.2.3. Sample Kickstart Files 28.2.4. Creating Custom Images 28.2.5. Troubleshooting livemedia-creator Problems 29. Upgrading Your Current System V. After Installation 30. Initial Setup 30.1. Graphical Mode 30.1.1. Subscription Manager 30.2. Text Mode 30.3. Starting Initial Setup Manually 31. Your Next Steps 32. Basic System Recovery 32.1. Common Problems 32.1.1. Unable to Boot into Red Hat Enterprise Linux 32.1.2.

http://ebm.co.kr/userData/board/cybercafepro-6-server-manual.xml

Hardware and Software Problems 32.1.3. Resetting the Root Password 32.2. Anaconda Rescue Mode 32.2.1. Capturing an sosreport 32.2.2. Reinstalling the Boot Loader 32.2.3. Using RPM to Add, Remove, or Replace a Driver 33. Unregistering from Red Hat Subscription Management Services 33.1. Systems Registered with Red Hat Subscription Management 33.2. Systems Registered with Red Hat Satellite 34.It also covers advanced installation methods such as Kickstart installations, PXE installations, and installations over VNC. Finally, it describes common post-installation tasks and explains how to troubleshoot installation problems.Code surrounded in tildes is easier to read. Read the announcement.When I transition to 7 I'm going to hang copies in my computer labs, but knowing the students they're going to ask for copies of the file. I've passed on the request, though, so please stay tuned. Hope this helps! Liked the poster, too. Thanks! Very useful. Thanks for sharing. Unless you have an A2 printer its a little small to read. It should also split a little more nicely over two pages if you do need it larger.:) I'll let you know when a multi-page option is available. Need to go through the referance guide and start learn it right now Anybody ever consider that if you need to create a knowledgebase article and a reference poster to go from one version of RHEL to another that you may be changing too many things too drastically. That's when stable and dependable products become unreliable. Keep in mind: when you use any Linux distribution, you're benefiting from countless man hours of work contributed by countless members of various communities. We at Red Hat would not be able to make RHEL on our own; it's made up of hundreds and hundreds of projects which, over time, evolve and change. There are still a few distributions going their own way when the upstream changes are unpopular with their communities, and Red Hat is in a unique position with more resources than many of these.

http://afreecountry.com/?q=node/3887

For one example, look to the very short-lived existence of upstart. I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes there, but Red Hat's implementation was very non-intrusive and wholly backwards compatible with SysV init to the extent that you could run a RHEL server and not even realize that upstart was there. Now it's been tossed to the side as quickly as it appeared. It's been my preferred enterprise distro for years because it did what it does very well with rock solid dependability and a core focus. Maybe its time to split into a few products and introduce a RHEL Classic with all the flavour your remember from way back when. Keep in mind however that in doing so we didn't take advantage of any of the job-control or event-based parallelization features upstart had to offer. It was great that most people didn't have to learn anything new, but most people also didn't notice any improvement over init from RHEL5. Clearly Red Hat leadership in User Experience is absent for those customers committed to managing Red Hat environments. For this effort, does it mean RHEL 7 will deliver 400 productivity improvement. Otherwise, it will delay moves to RHEL 7 or changes in platforms. It certainly will allow anyone who uses their own automation scripts and tools to discover the command line equivalents quickly and update their scripts to avoid the very commands being replaced and their new replacements. For 20 years I have been using ifconfg.Feel free to keep using ifconfig until it no longer works for you (e.g., until you have a system whose interfaces have multiple non-alias IP addresses, which ifconfig has never been able to see). It will be handy soon when we are to go to RHEL 7. Let us know what you think! I was able to print the A3 version using 'Fit' option from Adobe Acrobat to normal 8.5 x 11 paper. Let me check with Jess on that and I'll get back to you. I'll talk to the Portal team about it. This should work nicely on A3 and A4.

http://juanguillermocadena.com/images/carrier-weathermaker-infinity-gas-furnace-manual.pdf

I have a bug raised to help with this, but in the mean time, check out the downloadable PDF files — I think these are much clearer at the moment. Thanks for the posters by the way. They are very helpful. I've been using Fedora as a desktop since Fedora 12 and liked it from the start. I've also used RHEL4 and up in production environments over the years. Both OSes have some interesting features and I know that that there are a lot of software contributors to their development. Microsoft found out the hard way (ie., Start Menu) that wasn't the best idea. In my experience a desktop OS and server OS should not be mixed. A server has one purpose.To serve. It is not a desktop. You mentioned in a previous post that things need to evolve. I agree, but part of evolution is learning that somethings don't work and aren't as efficient as some might think. I know that RHEL7 is still an infant yet and still has some maturing to do. I think the comment on evolution was actually from another Red Hatter, but to your point: I agree. For a change to stick, it needs to be useful to the rest of the 'organism' — or in this case, its users. The proper command should be 'grub2-set-default'. Anyone has any idea of a RH archive with technical documentation? Joerg I'll see if I can get someone from the team to respond with more information.:) Not sure when you can expect the printed posters but I'm sure they're in progress. Hope it would be available when RHEL8 GA is going to be released. Unfortunately the links are broken.Code surrounded in tildes is easier to readPlease note that excessive use of this feature could cause delays in getting specific content you are interested in translated. Depending on the length of the content, this process could take a while. Read the announcement.Monitoring and Automation 24. Kernel, Module and Driver Configuration 30. System Recovery 33. System Recovery 33.1. Rescue Mode 33.2. Single-User Mode 33.3. Emergency Mode 33.4.

Resolving Problems in System Recovery Modes 34.Code surrounded in tildes is easier to read. What is Kubernetes? Why choose Red Hat for containers. What's a Linux container. What is container security. What is different about cloud security. Why choose Red Hat for microservices. Why choose Red Hat for API management. Here are a few reasons why you should be: Browse Knowledgebase articles, manage support cases and subscriptions, download updates, and more from one place. View users in your organization, and edit their account information, preferences, and permissions. Manage your Red Hat certifications, view exam history, and download certification-related logos and documents.Red Hat is a trusted partner to more than 90 of the companies in the Fortune 500, and a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription provides you direct access to and advocacy within the open source community, in addition to an ecosystem of thousands of cloud, software, and hardware providers. The Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription guide is your key to selecting the subscriptions that best meet your technical and business requirements, regardless of which version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux you need to deploy. The guide also outlines the terms of your subscriptions and includes information on managing and renewing subscriptions. Designed for the purchasing manager and those within the procurement function, the guide focuses on the details of aligning subscriptions to architectures rather than on the architectures themselves. It provides scenario-based worksheets that cover common development and production deployments. What you get when you purchase a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription Your investment in Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions delivers the following 10 key benefits.

Access to: Open source enterprise software: A Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription provides access to the latest enterprise-ready Linux innovation built from a controlled supply chain of open source software, including continuous delivery of patches and upgrades at no additional cost. In addition, your subscription provides access to Red Hat Enterprise Linux in multiple public cloud environments. Adopting Red Hat Enterprise Linux ensures that you have a platform that is engineered and certified to work with the rest of Red Hat’s portfolio. Emerging open source technologies: Because Red Hat is a trusted adviser and leading contributor to open source projects like kubernetes, we have the insight to identify emerging technologies and the resources to evolve them into enterprise-ready solutions to meet future IT needs. Integrated analytics with remediation, management, and automation: To ensure that your Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment is operating optimally, your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription includes access to Red Hat Insights. Insights is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering that collects analytics about your environment and helps IT teams proactively identify and remediate security threats, performance bottlenecks, and misconfigurations that could affect availability and stability. Life-cycle support and flexibility: A Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription offers at least 10 years of continuous support and patches for major versions with the commitment to preserve application and kernel interface compatibility with every minor update. It offers the flexibility for you to adopt the version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux that fits your requirements and lets you upgrade on your schedule.

Support and expertise: In addition to phone and online incident support, your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription gives you access to an award-winning knowledge-centered support system, which includes access to reference architectures, documentation, videos, and collaborative discussions with Red Hat experts. Above and beyond support and sharing best practices, the Red Hat Customer Portal delivers information about CVEs and other ongoing security vulnerabilities and the critical steps it takes to mitigate their impact. Security resources: A Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription funds a dedicated team of engineers who monitor, identify, and proactively notify customers of risks. The Red Hat security team remediates these vulnerabilities by creating, testing, and delivering security patches to all versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux in their supported life cycles. Additionally, Red Hat security engineers are responsible for overseeing that Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other offerings are certified and comply with government and commercial security standards like the Common Criteria. Visibility and influence over Red Hat Enterprise Linux: Red Hat’s reputation as a leader and major contributor in the open source community enables Red Hat to advocate for the implementation of customer requirements in upstream projects. Because Red Hat Enterprise Linux is based on these upstream projects, subscribers can influence the Red Hat Enterprise Linux roadmap. Partnership with hardware, software, and cloud providers: A Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription funds integration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux with our large certified hardware ecosystem, which provides a stable and high-performance platform for certified enterprise software applications. The subscription also funds the engineering necessary for Red Hat Enterprise Linux to run on and integrate with all major certified cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Azure.

Your security needs: Red Hat is trusted by security standards groups and can be your advocate within community, government, and industry associations. Red Hat also partners with a variety of security teams from other organizations and can gain access to vulnerability information before it is public. Support for the production environment Red Hat customers benefit from a collaborative support relationship. When you engage in the Red Hat support process, you will often work with the people who write and test the software and oversee the open source development of the underlying technologies. Contact us to take advantage of our expertise during all phases of planning, testing, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading your infrastructure. These interactions are provided as part of your subscription. Red Hat provides two modes of support: development and production. This section covers production support, which is sometimes delivered in conjunction with our partners, where they will provide the first level of customer engagement. Development support is described in the “Development environment” section of this guide. For production environments, Red Hat subscriptions have two levels of support (Standard and Premium), which are distinguished by different SLAs that define initial and ongoing response times. Table 1. Service-level agreements for Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions Service Self-support Standard Premium Hours of coverage None Standard business Standard business hours (24x7 for Severity 1 and Severity 2) Support channel None Web and phone Number of cases None Unlimited Unlimited Response times Severity Standard Premium Initial and ongoing response Initial response Ongoing response Severity 1 (Urgent): A problem that severely impacts your use of the software in a production environment (such as the loss of production data or production systems not functioning). The situation halts your business operations, and no procedural workaround exists.

1 business hour 1 hour 1 hour Severity 2 (High): A problem in which the software is functioning but your use in a production environment is severely reduced. The situation is causing a high impact to portions of your business operations, and no procedural workaround exists. 4 business hours 2 business hours 4 hours Severity 3 (Medium): A problem that involves partial, non-critical loss of use of the software in a production environment or development environment. For production environments, there is a medium-to-low impact on your business, but your business continues to function, including by using a procedural workaround. For development environments, the situation is causing your project to no longer continue or migrate into production. 1 business day 4 business hours 8 business hours Severity 4 (Low): A general usage question, reporting of a documentation error, or recommendation for a future product enhancement or modification. For production environments, there is low-to-no impact on your business or the performance or functionality of your system. For development environments, there is a medium-to-low impact on your business, but your business continues to function, including by using a procedural workaround. 2 business days 8 business hours 2 business days or as agreed Glossary Guest: An instance of the software running in a virtual machine, which in turn is running on a hypervisor. In the Red Hat subscription model, a guest is associated with a physical system. Physical node: A physical system on which you install or execute all or a portion of the software, including, without limitation, a server, workstation, laptop, blade, or other physical system, as applicable. Socket: A central processing unit (CPU) socket on a motherboard. Socket-pair: Up to two sockets where each is occupied by a CPU on a system. Two servers with a single occupied socket on each must be entitled separately; therefore, you would purchase two subscriptions???—???one for each server.

Stacking: The ability to purchase multiple subscriptions to cover a multisocket machine. For example, the base subscription unit is a socket-pair. To entitle an 8-socket machine, you would purchase four socket-pair subscriptions. System: A system on which you install or execute all or a portion of the software. A system includes each instance of the software installed or executed on, without limitation, a server, workstation, laptop, virtual machine, container, blade, node, partition, appliance, or engine, as applicable. Virtual instance: A virtual machine running on a hypervisor. When you deploy a guest operating system in a virtualized environment, you are responsible for securing the required license rights for any third-party operating system or other software that you use. In the Red Hat subscription model, a virtual instance is not associated with a physical system. Virtual node: An instance of the software executed, in whole or in part, on a virtual machine or container. Subscription packaging model Today’s complex infrastructure environments built from combinations of cloud deployments requires a purchasing model that provides choice and flexibility. Red Hat's OS can run on public clouds like AWS just as well as in a private datacenter. The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscription model lets you choose the basis on which you purchase, stack subscriptions to streamline purchasing, and move subscriptions from physical to virtual to cloud and back to adapt to changing requirements. Socket-pair for each physical node or two virtual nodes. As a Red Hat customer, you have the choice of purchasing your Red Hat Enterprise Linux products on either a physical or virtual basis. If you are deploying Red Hat Enterprise Linux on physical hardware, your subscriptions are based on the number of socket-pairs in the systems used. This model is best for provisioning to physical hardware or as virtual instances in the cloud.

If you are deploying Red Hat Enterprise Linux in a virtual environment, your subscriptions are based on the number of virtual instance-pairs running the product. This model is best for low- and medium-density virtual environments. The subscriptions that follow this model are: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Standard and Premium. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Add-Ons. Self support subscriptions: Do not include Red Hat customer support. Can only be deployed on physical systems. Cannot be stacked with other subscriptions. Are not intended for production environments. Virtual deployment subscriptions Red Hat also offers a subscription model that allows you to run an unlimited number of Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual instances and is best for high-density virtual environments. This subscription model is offered on a physical socket-pair basis. Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters. Stacking Stacking gives you the flexibility to aggregate Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions to accommodate any size physical server. The base Red Hat Enterprise Linux model includes entitlements for two sockets, which is all you need for a 2-socket server. If you have a 4-socket server, you would need two Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions. For an 8-socket machine, you would need four subscriptions, and so forth. In this way, your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions can “stack” to scale to any size system. Moreover, as your physical infrastructure changes, you can adjust your subscriptions to match your infrastructure. You can replace two 2-socket systems with a 4-socket system and vice versa without increasing the number of subscriptions. Of course, you would need to assign the Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription to the new system. Repurposing Subscription repurposing gives you another degree of flexibility. It lets you change a physical 2-socket Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription into a 2-virtual-instance subscription without contacting Red Hat to adjust your terms.

Repurposing virtual instance-pairs as physical socket-pairs is also possible. This allows you to convert your infrastructure from physical to virtual and have your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions convert along with you. The ability to repurpose between physical and virtual deployment applies to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server and its add-ons. Assembling your subscription order The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscription model is: Based on socket-pairs for each physical node or two virtual nodes. Usable in physical, virtual, or cloud deployments. Stackable. Available with Standard or Premium support. There are basic questions to answer when determining the number and type of subscriptions you need. For simplicity’s sake, the questions assume that you have either a physical environment or a virtual environment and that it is a low-density environment???—???that is, you are running four or fewer guests per system. In reality, you likely will have a hybrid environment with various hypervisors and even a blend of high- and low-density environments. The section titled “Subscription scenarios and recommendations” will walk you through several examples of blended and open hybrid cloud deployments. Are you purchasing subscriptions for a physical or a virtual environment. If your answer was a physical environment, go to step 2. If your answer was a virtual environment, go to step 3. You are purchasing subscriptions for a physical environment. How many systems do you have of each kind of socket configuration. Typical configurations are 1-, 2-, 4-, and 8-socket systems. (Single-processor systems should be counted as one socket-pair.) (a) Count the number of 1-socket systems you have. Each of these must be entitled separately with a socket-pair subscription. That is, you cannot split a socket-pair subscription across two systems. (b) Count the remainder of the sockets and divide by 2. Add the result to the number of 1-socket systems.

This total is the number of subscriptions you will purchase to entitle your physical servers. You are purchasing subscriptions for virtual instances. How many do you need? (a) Divide the number of virtual instances by 2. This is the number of subscriptions you will purchase for the guests in your virtual environment. Which add-ons do you want to purchase. The add-ons must match the counting method you used for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscriptions. For example, if your Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscription is based on socket-pairs, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-On for that server also will be based on socket-pairs. The add-on subscriptions can be repurposed from socket-pairs to virtual instance-pairs, just like the server subscriptions can. What support service level does your deployment require???—???Standard or Premium? These worksheets present calculations for some simple deployments scenarios. Sample worksheet 1: Provisioning physical layers Counting method Systems Socket-pairs Subscriptions Number of 1-socket systems 10 10 10 (1 per system) Number of 2-socket systems 10 10 10 (1 per socket-pair) Number of 4-socket systems 2 4 4 (1 per socket-pair) Number of 8-socket systems 2 8 8 (1 per socket-pair) Number of subscriptions to purchase 32 Sample worksheet 2: Adding guests to a virtual environment Counting method Number Number of guests 20 Divide number of guests by 2 for the number of subscriptions to purchase 10 Sample worksheet 3: Setting up a virtual environment Red Hat will support up to four concurrently running guests with the virtualization capabilities (based on the Kernel-based Virtual Machine hypervisor ) supplied with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server. If you are planning on entitling five or more Red Hat Enterprise Linux guests per socket-pair, we recommend purchasing subscriptions to Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Smart Virtualization or Red Hat OpenStack Platform.

These solutions are aimed at use cases for dense virtualization and are more cost-effective overall for those types of deployments. See the “Subscription scenarios and recommendations” section for information on more complex virtual environments. Counting method for hypervisors Socket-pairs Subscriptions Number of 1-socket systems 10 10 (1 per system Number of 2-socket systems 10 10 (1 per socket-pair) Number of 4-socket systems 2 4 (1 per socket-pair) Number of 8-socket systems 2 8 (1 per socket-pair) Number of subscriptions to purchase for hypervisors 32 Counting method for guests Number of guests 40 (virtual instances) Divide number of guests by 2 for the number of subscriptions to purchase 20 Total number of subscriptions to purchase 52 Subscription scenarios and recommendations The subscription scenarios in this section expand on the previous worksheets by adding elements found in real-world deployments like high availability. Physical production environment A physical production environment often has servers with 1, 2, 4, 8, or more sockets and typically includes Red Hat add-ons that enhance availability, performance, or scalability. Figure 1 shows how many Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscriptions are needed to cover a mission-critical production environment. Figure 1. Subscriptions for a physical, mission-critical production environment Sample worksheet 4: Setting up a physical, mission-critical production environment Counting method Socket-pairs Number of sockets 76 Divide number of sockets by 2 for the number of subscriptions for Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 38 Number of subscriptions for the High Availability Add-On 38 Virtual production environment A virtual environment includes virtual guests in addition to physical servers that host the hypervisors. The configuration shown in Figure 2 assumes that the hypervisor is Red Hat Virtualization and that the guests are all Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Group visibility: 
Public (World-wide open, for example for demo courses)